AEPi's heritage stems from one source: young Jewish men banding together in allegiance. In the fraternity's 102-year history, more than 100,000 men have worn the badge of Alpha Epsilon Pi and, each year, 2,000 undergraduates perform the Ritual of Initiation, which remains the same ritual adopted decades ago.
"Developing Leadership for the Jewish Community"
More specifically, Alpha Epsilon Pi develops leadership for the future of the World Jewish community. Tomorrow's Jewish leaders are in our chapters today. These are the young men who must be counted upon to support Jewish causes and to prepare to be one of tomorrow's Jewish leaders so that they may lead ourselves, our family, our community, and our people.
For a complete history of the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity please click here.
- First among all National fraternities in GPA.
- 9th largest fraternity in all 75 National Fraternities.
- More than 10,000 undergraduate on over 180 campuses in North America and Israel.
- Largest Fraternity in Canada, and in the states of New York and California.
- First Fraternity ever to be at all eight Ivy League Schools at the same time.
- Alumni base of more than 100,000.
- Second fraternity outside of North America (Chapters in England, Israel, France, Scotland, Austria)
- Pledged a combined $225,000 to Shaare Zedek hospital in Jerusalem, Chai Lifeline's Camp Simcha and the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum over the next few years.
- Raised more than $100,000 in one semester (Fall '05) for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- Gave $65,000 to Operation Promise to support the Ethiopian Community of Israel in 2006.
- Gave $110,000 to Magen David Adom ('04)
- Donated $135,000 to be a founding partner of the United States Holocaust Museum ('93)
- AEPi enjoys senior partnerships with AIPAC, Aish HaTorah, Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life, the Israel on Campus Coalition, Chabad on Campus, the Canadian Federation of Jewish Students, and many other organizations.
Chapters across the country plan:
- Friday night Shabbat dinners at their houses.
- Passover Seders for the community.
- Rosh HaShanah and other holiday celebrations.
- Founded the Israel Amplified Conference, a two and a half day training seminar on Israel Engagement for Greek Students.
- Brothers engage in Israel advocacy nationwide, participating in national campaigns and partnering with other student groups.
- The annual AEPi Jerusalem Road Trip is a 3 week summer trip for brothers all across Israel. Click here for more info.